We recently broke down the importance of Advertising. The adage “Out of Sight = Out of Mind”
Here are 16 Reasons Why YOU Should be Advertising Online
- Online advertising is fast, flexible, and trackable
- Drive traffic to your website & increase conversions
- Increase brand awareness, credibility & trust
- Reach the Hard-to-Reach Millennial’s
- Meet your prospects where they are
- Lower your marketing costs
- Your competitors are doing it
- Advertising gives your company a positive image
- Advertising attracts new customers
- Advertising promotes repeat business
- Advertising helps your business compete
- Advertising produces continuous business
- Advertising keeps your business at the top of your consumer’s mind
- Advertising keeps your consumer up to date
- Advertising makes your company money
1. Online advertising is fast, flexible, and trackable – With online advertising, you can take advantage of the wonderful perks that come with digital media, like instant access, freely updating and editing your ads, and results tracking.
Instantly track which ads are working, how many people are seeing them, where they’re seeing them, who’s clicking on them and when. With that kind of information at your fingertips, you can optimize your ads instantly if they’re not performing as well as you’d like instead of waiting until end of month sales reports tell you if your newspaper ad was working or not.
2. Drive traffic to your website & increase conversions – Given your website is the hub of your online presence, it makes sense to generate traffic to it, right? When all’s said and done, it comes down to the numbers: online ads can draw more traffic to your website. When you have more traffic coming to your website, you’re increasing the probability of leads from your site.
3. Increase brand awareness, credibility & trust – Running online ads gets your brand name in front of your online prospects wherever they are on the web. Just like branding through radio or TV, your online ads will keep your business in front of potential buyers. Once your prospects become familiar with who you are, they begin to recognize your brand and will be more likely to come to you when they have a need you can fill for them. Not only that, online ads reinforce the idea that you’re a legit business, so running ads can increase credibility for your business as well.
4. Reach – People are already online. They don’t need to purchase a news paper, buy a magazine or leave their homes to find you online. Online Digital Advertising can reach the largest amount of targeted potential clients. Advertising online allows you to be in front of potential customers 24 hours a day, giving your business huge exposure. If your customers are online, then so, too, should your business.
5. Reach the Hard-to-Reach Millennials – It can’t be denied, since the birth of this generation (which includes people born between 1981 and 2000), practically every field of technology has made significant advancements. This generation holds extreme potential for buying power, and if you want them to notice you, you’ll have to connect with them. An ideal way to do that is to interact with and advertise to them where they are: online.
6. Meet your prospects where they are – Again, times have changed. It seems like everyone’s online, and when consumers are making buying decisions, they tend to do some heavy online research before pulling the trigger. Or maybe they’ve already done the research and they’re ready to take the plunge. Wherever they are, go to them, nurture them, pamper them with the information they crave by creating ads to reach prospects in each stage of the buying process.
For example, you’ve written a blog article that answers a common question you’re asked about your services. You can create an ad based on that post to draw in the consumers that are in the information gathering phase of the buying cycle. Other consumers may be ready to take the next step and schedule a consultation, so you can design ads that create a bit more urgency, encouraging them to take action now.
7. Lower your marketing costs – Online digital advertising is far more cost effective compared to other means of advertising. With a larger pool of potential clients/customers. Spend less, target more, plus the ability to change up the advertisement if its not working. Not to mention, being accessible 24/7 365 days a year.
8. Your competitors are doing it – I know, we’ve all learned not to do something just because other people are doing it, but in this case, there’s an exception. If your competition’s out there engaging with your target market, they’re gaining market share and nabbing prospects that could be yours. And prospects will never know your name if you don’t put it right in front of their faces.
9. Advertising gives your company a positive image – Advertising tells your consumers and your competitors that you are open and ready for business. Dynamic and positive advertising can entice consumers to your business regardless of the economy and competition.
10. Advertising attracts new customers – The market is constantly changing, and new consumers are moving in and out of your area. New consumers mean a new target audience that your advertisements will reach. Advertising shows consumers that are new to the market that your business is the top of the line and the one that they want to visit.
11. Advertising promotes repeat business – With all the choice’s consumers are able to make, many once loyal consumers have strayed from previous businesses in search of other options. Advertising reminds your consumers why they choose your business in the first place and why they should continue to choose you in the future.
12. Advertising helps your business compete – There are only so many consumers in the market that are willing to buy your product at any given time. Advertising helps businesses stay ahead of the game while competing with other businesses. Advertising is how you convince the consumer that you are the one they should choose.
13. Advertising produces continuous business – Not every consumer is going to need your business’s product today, but everyday there will always be a new consumer ready to buy. Advertising makes sure that the consumer knows that when they are in need, your business will be there to help them. A continuous number of consumers visiting your business is the first step to increase your sales. The more consumers you have, the more business you will have. Advertising creates business now and in the future.
14. Advertising keeps your business at the top of your consumer’s mind – With so many options available to consumers oftentimes they will want to shop around and compare different products. Advertising ensures that your company is always at the front of a consumer’s mind reminding them why they should choose you.
15. Advertising keeps your consumer up to date – When a new product or event is ready to launch, advertising allows your consumer to be informed and aware of the details. Advertising does the work for your consumer, as opposed to forcing your consumer to hunt down the information.
16. Advertising makes your company money – What it comes down to is; Advertising works. Advertising attracts customers to your business and increases your sales. When consumers see strong and positive advertisements, they are more willing to buy and ready to choose your business. Invest in advertising for your business and you will watch it grow and succeed.